Here are the general baking instructions for all of our mixes in our 20 - 29 ounce Signature Jars, no matter the flavor. (see below for our 9 oz junior Jars)
For a few of our favorite tips for making our mixes and other helpful ideas to get you in and out of the kitchen in a flash, expert baker or not, we invite you to also check these TIPS out.
BAKING INSTRUCTIONS (Jar or Pouch)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (Fahrenheit!).
- In a bowl, stir 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) melted butter, 1 egg & 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional) until smooth.
- Place Jar ingredients in a separate bowl and stir thoroughly, breaking up any lumps of sugar. If you find the brown sugar impossible to displace, see the note below. Kitchen Scissors (optimal), a knife or microwave will do the trick.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter and mix until fully combined. (Don't be shy to get in there with your (clean) hands and really give it a go).
- Drop heaping teaspoons of the batter 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes* or until light brown. (If you're like us and prefer a moist, chewy cookie on the inside and crisp on the outside, take them out a little early. All ovens vary and so we recommend checking the bottoms of your cookies at about 10-11 minutes to prevent scorching.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes and Enjoy!
* Except Gluten Free - bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350. (Fahrenheit!).
- In a bowl, combine 4 beaten eggs, 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter and 1/4 cup vegetable oil until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, empty the contents of your Mason Jar and combine thoroughly. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing as you go until all dry ingredients are evenly coated and you have a smooth texture. DO NOT OVER-STIR!
- Place in a greased 9x9 pan and bake for 25 - 30 minutes* or until a toothpick (or another utensil) comes out clean as a test for doneness.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and slice into the size brownies you want.
*Baking times may vary depending on your pan and oven!
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. (Fahrenheit!).
- Place Jar ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly, breaking up any lumps of sugar.
- Add 1/3 cup honey (we love orange or jasmine honey for this) and 1/4 cup vegetable oil and thoroughly combine (Don't be shy to get in there with your (clean) hands and really give it a go)
- Dump the mixture out onto and ungreased cookie sheet and spread it evenly. (The smaller the pan or the more tightly you pack it (as if you were making bars for instance) the longer you will need to bake it - add a few minutes to the baking time but check the edges for browning.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until light brown. (Every oven on the planet is different it seems, so keep an eye on your granola. You want a nice golden-brown color but not scorched)
- Let cool for 20 minutes to let it firm and Enjoy!
- To make 8-10 five inch pancakes: 1 1/2 cups pancake mix, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 cup water.
- To make 18-20 five inch pancakes: Entire contents of pouch, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup oil, 1 3/4 cups water.
- For thinner pancakes: add an extra 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- In a mixing bowl combine egg, oil and water. Add pancake mix.
- Stir until combined but not smooth, leaving lumps in the batter.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto a greased, hot griddle or skillet. Cook until bubbles begin to appear and break (about 1-2 minutes).
- Flip pancake and cook approximately 1 minute on the other side.
- Remove from griddle; serve hot with butter and syrup.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F
- Empty the contents of your Mason Jar into a large mixing bowl and combine thoroughly
- Cut 1 stick of cold butter into 8-10 pats, add it to the dry mix and smoosh it all together with your hands until you have a nice crumbly mixture. Add 1/2 cup of milk and stir.
- Place the mixture on a lightly greased baking sheet and flatten into a single round disk about the size of a dinner plate or 1" high.
- Cut the disk into 12 equal wedges, like a pizza or pie, and gently pull each away from the center, leaving about 1" space between them - slide a knife under each wedge to make it easier to separate
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool before serving. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a bowl whisk together 1 cup of milk, 1 egg and 1 tbsp of oil.
- In a separate bowl, empty the contents of your Mason Jar and mix thoroughly, breaking up any lumps
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and blend until fully combined.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- For large muffins bake 12-15 min, for small muffins cook 8-10 min, or a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes (if you can) and then enjoy!
1. Empty entire Mason Jar contents into a bowl and mix together, breaking up any lumps. Return the mixture to your Mason Jar.
2. Pour 1 cup of hot milk or water into your favorite mug.
3. Stir in 2 Tablespoons of Mason Jar Cookie Company® Hot Cocoa Mix! and enjoy.
*To make the whole Jar at once, pour the contents of the entire Jar into 5 cups of simmering milk or water and stir. Use more or less liquid for more or less chocolatey flavor.
A Word about brown Sugar... Premium Brown Sugar will harden in the Jar. It's natural! With a paring knife or pair of scissors, carefully slice through the brown sugar to remove. Or, put the jar (lid off, add-ins out!) with a moist paper towel in the top, in the microwave for
about 20 seconds to soften the sugar.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray two 12 cup muffin pans with cooking sprayer line each cup with a paper or foil liner
- Empty the contents of your Jar into a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly, breaking up any lumps.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat 1 stick of room temp butter for 3 minutes. Do not over mix.
- Beat in 3 eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Add 3/4 cup milk and 1 tsp vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake cupcakes for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool for about 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Pie Crust Baking Directions
- Preheat over to 325 degrees or can be used unbaked
- Melt 14 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix together the Jar ingredients
- Slowly drizzle in the butter and stir with a fork until the mixture looks moist and crumbly
- Press the dough evenly over the bottom and up the sides of two 9-inch pie pans. Use the bottom of the mason jar to tamp down the crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes. ______________________________________________________________________________
***For our ready-to-bake mixes in our 9 oz junior party-size Jars, just add 1-2 tbls water to the mix, stir and bake at 375 for about 12-15 minutes. DON'T let the batter get too runny - you need less water than you think.