It seems like our ovens are perpetually on during the holiday season, and that’s the way we like it. One of my absolute favorite recipes is our classic Brownie Decadence. This flavor is not only timeless, but always a crowd pleaser and totally versatile. We wanted to share this delicious treat with you to celebrate National Brownie Day with a bit of holiday flair.
You can easily follow the directions on the jar by adding a half stick of butter, 4 eggs and 1/4 cup vegetable oil). For the eggs, you can substitute 1 cup of plain yogurt. These options are great for those with different dietary restrictions.
To make these delicious brownies, follow the easy steps below:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Grab 1 jar of MJCC Brownie Decadence Brownie Mix and pour into a separate bowl and set aside
- Combine 4 Eggs (or 1 cup plain yogurt), 1 stick of melted butter (or 1/4-1/2 cup of coconut oil) and 1/4 cup vegetable oil in another bowl until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry Brownie Decadence Brownie Mix and mix carefully until the mix is fully coated. Do not overstir!
- Place in a pre-greased (or use cooking spray like we did) 9x9 pan or go a little festive with a holiday shape
- Bake in the oven for 20-25min, or until desired level of done. We opt for around 22 to maintain the ooey gooeyness!
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes, then cut in your desired sizes
We opted for a traditional look with bright lights and a wooden display, however you can present your decadent brownies in many different ways. Holiday shaped cookie cutters (bells, presents, snowmen) are great options for shapes and for decorating, you can adorn your brownies with a little bit of frosting or peppermint pieces.